Requesting Remote Control
At any time during a chat-only or Remote View support session, agents can elevate the session into a Remote Control session to control the customer's device.
You are either in an active chat-only or Remote View session in the Agent Console.
- Depending on whether you are in a Remote View or chat-only session, do either of the following:
- In a chat-only session, click REMOTE CONTROL
- In a Remote View session, at the bottom of your browser window, click Click to request Remote Control
- Ask the customer to follow instructions displayed on their Chat Panel to grant remote control.
Note: A guided agent flow is displayed to you in the Agent Console providing information about what the customer is experiencing on their end.
Important: For the use of the remote control feature, customers on supported versions of LG and Huawei devices need to download a free mobile add-on app. The GoToAssist Remote Support Android app guides affected users through the simple installation of the required add-on app.Tip: Cannot remote control the customer's Mac device?
- Ask the customer to click DOWNLOAD APPLICATION.
- Ask the customer to run the downloaded support application.
- For macOS 10.14 (Mojave), see How to enable remote control on macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- For macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and above, see How can I remote control a customer's mac running macOS Catalina or laterand How to Solve Unattended Access Issues for macOS Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15), and Big Sur (11.0).
Result: The GoToAssist Remote Support application is launched on the customer's computer; Remote Control starts.Restriction: Remote Control for Android is officially supported on Samsung (with Knox), LG, Motorola, and supported versions of Huawei devices with dedicated add-ons. Version 2.1.0-217 (and above) of the GoToAssist Remote Support Android app offers Remote Control for additional brands.
- To end the session, click the END SESSION icon in the session header.