How can I remote control a customer's mac running macOS Catalina and Big Sur
MacOS Catalina (10.15) introduced added security features that require additional permissions for using the full feature set of GoToAssist Remote Support v5. In order to be able to remote control your customer's Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15) or above, instruct them to perform the following steps.
- In the top left corner of the desktop, click the Apple icon.
- Select System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Unlock, and enter your credentials.
- Make the following changes:
- In the left side bar, click Accessibility, and make sure the GoToAssistRemoteSupport box is checked:
- In the left side bar, click Screen Recording, and make sure the GoToAssistRemoteSupport box is checked: Note: Currently, macOS Big Sur (11.0, 11.1, 11.2) only allows users with admin privileges to enable Screen Recording.
Note: You may not see all of the boxes listed. If you see none of the boxes listed, please end the session and try connecting again.End-users on Catalina 10.15.2 need to also perform the following additional setting:
- Click the Lock icon to prevent any further changes. Your settings are saved automatically.