Use the GoToAssist Remote Support v5 Customer Application
The GoToAssist Customer Attended Standalone application is available as a single installer file that can be downloaded and used by customers who frequently join attended support sessions from their Windows or Mac computer.
Using the GoToAssist Customer Attended application can make joining attended support sessions easier than ever before. Administrators, agents, and customers alike can benefit in the following ways:
- No need to access a website
- Customers are no longer required to visit https://fastsupport.gotoassist.com/ to join a support session because the application is saved locally or on a shared network. This also eliminates frustration for both the agent and the customer when pronouncing and spelling out “fastsupport.gotoassist.com.”
- Administrators can deploy within restricted environments
- System Administrators who support end-users in a restricted environment (for example, unable to download online applications due to restricted permissions, unable to access websites outside of their Intranet, etc.) can download and install the application to a user's computer.
- Faster time to session
- Agents and customers experience a significant improvement to the speed at which they can connect to a support session increasing overall productivity.
Comparison between the GoToAssist Customer Attended and Unattended applications
While both applications enable agents to connect to a customer's computer, the GoToAssist Customer Attended application is used by the customer to join an attended session, whereas the Unattended application needs no interaction from the customer.
- GoToAssist Customer Attended App
- This app can be directly downloaded by the customer or their system administrator from the location indicated in How to install and use the app. Once downloaded, this app can be installed on the customer’s computer and will appear in the system tray/status bar allowing them to quickly join a session. The computer will not be added to the Devices list in the Agent Console, and the agent cannot connect to it without the customer's approval.
- GoToAssist Unattended App
- This app can be installed by the agent during an attended session, or by the customer (or their system administrator) by downloading the Unattended installer. Once installed, an agent can connect to the computer without any action needed from the customer.
How to install and use the app
- Log in to the GoToAssist Remote Support v5 Agent Console.
- Download the installer using the link corresponding to your OS: The installer ( GoToAssist_Remote_Support_Customer_Attended_App) is saved to the chosen folder on your computer.
- Run the installer.
The GoToAssist Remote Support Customer Attended App is installed on your computer, and its icon is displayed in the system tray/status bar.
- Start a session using the Customer Attended App.
- Click the system tray icon.
- Click Join a Session.
- Fill in the Support Key field using the key your support agent provided to you.
The support session starts.
How to Uninstall the App
- Click the system tray icon.
- Click Uninstall.
- If prompted, confirm that you want to uninstall the app.
The GoToAssist Remote Support Customer Attended App is uninstalled from your computer.