Requesting Remote Control
At any time during a chat-only or Remote View support session, agents can elevate the session into a Remote Control session to control the customer's device.
You are either in an active chat-only or Remote View session in the Agent Web Console.
- Depending on whether you are in a Remote View or chat-only session, do either of the following:
- In a chat-only session, click REMOTE CONTROL
- In a Remote View session, at the bottom of your browser window, click Click to request Remote Control
- Ask the customer to follow instructions displayed on their Chat Panel to grant remote control.
Important: For the use of the remote control feature, customers on supported versions of LG and Huawei devices need to download a free mobile add-on app. The RescueAssist by LogMeIn Android app guides affected users through the simple installation of the required add-on app.The RescueAssist by LogMeIn application is launched on the customer's computer; remote control starts.Restriction: Remote Control is currently not available on iOS and Chrome OS devices. Remote Control for Android is available for Samsung devices and supported versions of LG and Huawei devices only.Tip: Cannot remote control the customer's macOS 10.14 (Mojave) device? See How to enable remote control on macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Ask the customer to click DOWNLOAD APPLICATION.
- Ask the customer to run the downloaded support application.
- To end the session, click the END SESSION icon in the session header.