How do I verify my login?
Some RescueAssist users may be prompted to complete additional verification steps when they log in to access their LogMeIn account. Once you have verified your login and signed in, you can manage trusted devices for your account, which will no longer require this verification process.
Why am I being asked to verify?
The security of your RescueAssist account is our highest priority. If we detect unusual activity or a login attempt from an unidentified yet suspicious location, we want to verify that it's really you logging in to access your account.
Can I turn this off for my account?
This is a built-in security feature that exists to help protect your account, and therefore it cannot be disabled. However, once a user verifies their account and successfully logs in, they can add their specific device as a trusted device to their user account profile to prevent verification checks from that device in the future.
Verify your login for unverified locations
- After logging in to RescueAssist , you are prompted with a message that instructs you to verify your email address.
- An email notification is sent to the inbox of your RescueAssist account email address. Go to your inbox and copy the code from the "Email verification" message. Note: The verification code is valid for 10 minutes.
- Paste the code in the "Verification code" field, then click Continue.
- Once verified, you are logged in to your RescueAssist account.
Verify your login for unidentified locations (deemed suspicious)
If you are actively logged in to your account via the Web App and a login attempt is made from an unidentified location, you are immediately logged out of your account and your account will remain locked until you reset your password to unlock it, as follows:
- Once you are automatically logged out, a message is displayed, "We've detected a suspicious sign-in to your account. To prevent unauthorized activity and keep your account safe, set a new password" to inform you why your account is locked. Reset your password to gain access to your account again.
What if I can't access the inbox where the email was sent?
You may have RescueAssist user accounts that use generic email addresses that are not linked to an active inbox.
Please contact support by scrolling to the bottom of this article and selecting an available contact option for further assistance.
I haven't received the verification email. What should I do?
If you have a valid email address with an active inbox and have not received the verification email:
- Please be aware that it may take up to 10 minutes to reach your inbox
- Check your spam filters – the email will be sent from email@example.com
Still not receiving it? Please contact Customer Care (by clicking a contact option at the bottom of this article) for further assistance.
I've verified my login. Will I have to go through this verification process for future sign ins?
Once you have verified and signed in, you can manage devices that can access your account by granting trust, which will no longer require email verification for future sign ins from your trusted devices. Learn how to manage trusted devices.