Avoiding Scammers (Report Abuse)
The security of your customers' devices is our top priority. We have increased proactive and reactive approaches, ranging from changes to our product and trial process to investigating and taking action on reports of improper use. However, we consider education equally important, so below you can find information about how customers can best protect themselves against scammers.
What should you do to prevent abuse?
As a general rule, if you are the least bit suspicious, do not grant anyone remote access to your computer. A major safety and security feature of GoToAssist Remote Support v5 is that it requires mutual consent. No action can be taken by a support agent without the computer owner granting access.
Among others, the following situations should be considered suspicious:
- You did not request help, but somebody offers their help.
- The agent wants you to download a suspicious file.
- The agent wants to upload suspicious files to your computer.
- The agent wants you to provide any sensitive data (credit card number, passwords, etc.).
If you are approached by a suspicious agent, capture - but do NOT enter - the nine-digit Support Key they provide.
- Visit https://fastsupport.gotoassist.com/.
- Click Report Abuse.
- Enter the nine-digit Support Key of the support session you would like to report, and click Send Report to submit.
What should you do if you have granted access to your device?
For those who have already granted access to their device, it is important to be aware that the device owner has ultimate control over the support process (for details, see Customer Control over Support Sessions), so you can end the session any time and report abuse.
- During a desktop support session, click End Session, then click Report Abuse on the session browser tab.
- During a mobile support session, depending on your platform you can end the session the following way:
- Tap End Session in the top left corner of the app.
End Session icon in the top right corner of the app.
- Tap the Report Abuse form link displayed.
- Tap the Report Abuse button.