Setting up Unattended Support on Android
Unattended support can be set up on an Android device by downloading an application from Google Play and installing it on the Android device.
The availability of the unattended support features depends on an account-level setting in the GoToAssist Remote Support Administration Center.
- Log in to the GoToAssist Remote Support v5 Agent Console at https://console.gotoassist.com/.
- Select the Devices tab.
- Select the correct Device Group (if groups have been created for the account).
Tip: After the setup, the customer's device will be automatically added to the Device Group you selected.
- In the top-right corner of the console, click Download Unattended Installer, and select Android installer.
Result: A dialog appears with a Google Play link.
- Use this link on the Android device to download the Android unattended application from Google Play.
- On the Android device, open the link.
- Install the application from Google Play and open it.
- Optional: Depending on the type of the Android device, you may need to complete the setup. For example, by activating the Samsung Knox license on a Samsung device.
Unattended access is enabled on the customer's device.
The device also appears in the selected Device Group on the Devices tab of the GoToAssist Remote Support v5 Agent Console.
Click Allow so agents can access this device even if it is not awake and unlocked by excluding the GoToAssist Remote Support app from battery optimization.