Restarting the GoToAssist Remote Support v5 application as a System Service
Use the ADMIN MODE button to restart the app on the customer's machine as a Windows System Service or a Mac daemon. In admin mode, you can set up unattended access or log in as another user.
You need to be in admin mode to perform the following actions:
- Set up unattended access for a new device
- Change to another user on the customer device. For example, log in as an administrator
Tip: If the customer's device is running Windows, you can send the customer's device a Ctrl-Alt-Del command. See Open the Task Manager on a Customer's Device (Windows only).
- Change system settings. For example, firewall or User Account Control settings
- Install or uninstall programs in system-level directories
- Install, delete or partition drives
- Add or delete users
- Add new computers to Windows domain
- Force quit system programs
- During an active Remote Control session, on the session toolbar of the Agent Console, click ADMIN MODE. Tip: If the ADMIN MODE button is disabled, you are already in admin mode.
- Windows - A Windows System Service
- Mac - A daemon
For information about how different levels of UAC settings affect the customer experience, see What is the customer's User Account Control experience for a session using Admin Mode?.